|Copyright 2017 Holland Township Police Department. All rights reserved.
Contact the Webmaster
INTERNET PURCHASE EXCHANGE LOCATION:
Internet sales and purchases (craigslist, ebay) have become popular. We are aware of the potential dangers
involved in meeting a stranger to transact a purchase or sale of an item.
In an effort to assist and make a transaction safer, the Holland Township Police Department has designated an
area where individuals can meet to conduct internet purchases and exchanges. The area is posted,
lighted and located behind the municipal building at 61 Church Road Holland Township, NJ.
Officers cannot get involved or actively monitor the transaction. However, there are security cameras that
record the exchange area 24 hours a day. There is also a phone at the location behind the sign that rings
directly to the Hunterdon County Emergency Communications Center, if someone needs assistance. Although
there is nothing that guarantee’s complete safety, we continue to strive to keep the public as safe as possible.
When making any purchase or sale please always keep in mind the following:
• Insist on a public meeting place, such as coffee shop or police station.
• Do not meet in a secluded place, give out your address or invite strangers into your home.
• Be especially careful when buying or selling high-value items.
• Tell a friend or family member where and when you’re going.
• Take your cellphone along if you have one.
• Never go alone.
• If the deal appears to be too good to be true, then it probably is.
• Always trust your instincts. If the situation feels uneasy then leave. Your life is not worth the price of the item
you are selling or buying.