|Copyright 2017 Holland Township Police Department. All rights reserved.
Contact the Webmaster
|LET YOURSELF BE SEEN!!! As the days get shorter it is even more important to wear reflective items when
walking, bicycling and jogging on roadways.
- Wear reflective clothing (reflective vest, belt, wristbands) when walking or cycling early in the morning, at
night, in rain, fog, snow or sleet.
- Always cross at corners, within marked crosswalks where available. Do not walk between parked cars or
over median barriers. This is not only unsafe, but against the law.
- Look left, right and left again before crossing. Watch for turning cars.
- Where there is no sidewalk: walk facing traffic.
- Make eye contact with motorists when walking or crossing.
- Remain alert. Don’t assume that motorists are going to stop.
- Avoid distractions such as talking on a cell phone or listening with headphones.
REFLECTIVE VESTS ARE AVAILABLE FOR FREE at the Holland Township Police Department Monday –
Friday from 8:30 am until 3:30 pm, provided courtesy of
HART Commuter Information Services.
For more information, visit www.harttma.com.