61 Church Road Milford, New Jersey 08848 Dispatch (908) 995-4670 / Office (908) 995-2804 Emergency 9-1-1
|Copyright 2017 Holland Township Police Department. All rights reserved.
Contact the Webmaster
|If you have any questions regarding the firearm application process,
please contact Colleen Pursell at (908) 995-2804
|APPLICATION FORMS TO DOWNLOAD
1. Be a resident of Holland Township
2. Be 18 years of age for a New Jersey Firearms Purchaser Identification Card
3. Be 21 years of age for a New Jersey Firearms Permit to Purchase a Handgun
4. Answer all questions on the application truthfully- type or block print all answers
5. Give complete mailing addresses where asked
6. Provide references that you have known for a minimum of 3-5 years, no relatives
7. Confirm that all information provided reflects their current address
Documents You Must Provide:
* Copy of either your tax bill or rent agreement showing name and address. (If you do not own or rent a letter must
be provided by the homeowner indicating that you reside with them)
* Copy of two recent bills in your name and address
* Copy of birth certificate
* Copy of New Jersey driver's license. (A post office box shall only appear on a driver's license as part of an
address. If you only have a post office box listed, this must be updated prior to your application)
* Application for Firearms Purchaser Identification Card and/or Handgun Purchase Permit
* Firearms Investigation Release Authorization
* Firearm Investigation - Page 2
* Consent for Mental Health Records Search
* Consent for Juvenile Records Search (26 years of age or under)
Lost/Stolen/Mutiliated Card Replacements:
1. Applicants applying to replace a stolen or lost card must provide a written statement as to where, when and how it
was stolen or lost.
2. Applicants applying to replace a mutilated card must provide a written statement as to where, when and how it
was mutilated. The card will need to be turned in during your application process.
Fees: Cash/Check made payable to Holland Township Police Department. (All cash must be exact change.)
ID Cards (Initial Only) $5.00
Permit to Purchase a Handgun $2.00/each
Fingerprinting or Record Check:
Fingerprinting: Is mandated for all first time applicants. Applicants will receive information for fingerprinting
during their appointment. The cost is $52.70 which is paid directly to MorphoTrust. Payment will be made online
with a credit/debit card. First time applicants will not need to do a check through NJPortal.
Record Check Through NJPortal: All applicants who currently hold a New Jersey Firearms Purchaser
Identification Card will have their record check performed on the internet through NJPortal. The cost is $20.00
which is paid directly to the State of New Jersey. A link and instructions will be provided during your appointment.
Contact Colleen Pursell at (908) 995-2804 ext. 224 to schedule an appointment. Appointments are available
Monday - Friday from 8:30 to 3:30 pm and as listed above.